If you’re just joining us, pop back to week 1.
This week we’re going to look at…
What exactly do you want to do this year?
I’ve based this method off one I learnt from the guys at Fizzle. It worked really well for me and I hope it does for you too.
In today’s task we are going to make a big list of everything you want to do in the next 3-12 months.
I bet you already have a bunch of ideas bouncing around in your head. Fighting each other for your attention.
Maybe they come out at night when you are ready to go to sleep. Maybe when you sit down to do some work and are trying to work out what to do first. Maybe I’ll just go wash the dishes instead.
Time for a brain vomit
Your ideas are no good to you in your head. We need to get them out so we can look at them.
Plus you will find that once you write them down, the ideas will cease their battles in your head which is nice.
Let’s get into today’s assignment.
Get a new note or piece of paper and list 1 to 25 on it.
We are then going to dump the first 25 ideas/projects that are milling around in your head.
No project is to great or too small, just go nuts but stop once you hit 25.
Use these questions to help unleash the ideas:
- What were the great shower ideas (ideas you had in the shower) of 2016?
- What new services have your clients been asking for?
- How about services you want to start offering?
- What personal goals/projects do you want to do this year?
- What were some things you wanted to do last year but didn’t?
- What business expansion projects do you have in mind?
- What business streamlining projects do you have in mind?
- Any holidays/trips you want to take? How about events to attend?
- What creative projects do you have going on? What would you like to do with them?
- What is your dream come true?
And that’s it. Simple.
If you don’t get 25 ideas down right away (or ever) that’s fine. Last time I did this I only came up with 16 or so. You can also add to the list over the next couple of days before we go and do something with it.
If you haven’t done Day 1 and 4 yet, take the time to go back and do them now.
And as you do this a few different times over the months and years some of the same projects will keep coming up which gives you a good direction to go in.
Share your list
Once you are done, share your list. I want to see them!
Feel free to omit personal/private goals that you are not comfortable sharing, but do share something.
I’m going to kick it off by sharing my list below.