Want to learn how to plan and run awesome sessions for your clients? Dale and I are running a one day workshop this November in Melbourne to show trainers just that. Find out more.
What is outsourcing? Dale describes it as:
‘Outsourcing is where I hire someone to do things that I struggle with or lack the skill altogether to do.’
Outsourcing helps you round out your business and free up more time to do the things that only you can do. In this episode we explore all aspects of outsourcing from hiring people overseas to do a specific task to hiring trainers to expand your business.
Some take aways from this episode are:
- Between the two of us we use outsourcing for graphic design, web development, app design, social media and podcast editing.
- There is a learning curve, so take the time to train up your hirelings properly.
- Don’t always use the cheapest! This can lead to the most headaches.
- Hire slow, fire fast.
- Instead of employing someone, think of a project (it must be reasonably challenging) they can do with you as a one off. Then based on that you can rehire them for a longer project or let them go.
- For most employees, skills are less important than how they fit into the culture of your business. If you don’t know what your business is about, figure that out before you hire anyone.
- You can pay your trainers two ways, flat fee or share in profits/per client. If you can get someone with a business mindset, the latter always works better.