Kyle here! On today’s episode I’m really excited to have on one of my hero’s and mentors, Jonathan Fields. I was actually quite nervous giving this interview so I apologise if I’m not my chirpy self.
I had Jonathan on to talk about his new book, and while we do touch on it, he ended up dropping some incredible wisdom on us about running crazy-successful fitness businesses.
Jonathan has built and sold two fitness businesses, one a high end PT facility in New York, the other, one of the largest, if not the largest, yoga teacher training studios (also in New York). In this episode he shares with us:
- Pivoting from working a full time job in law to becoming a Personal Trainer
- How he looked for gaps in the market for great opportunities
- How community and caring was an essential part to the growth of both businesses (and his other ventures)
- What ‘asking Why 5 times deep means’
- The art of making fitness accessible to non fitness junkies
- What the three Good Life Buckets are and how we can use them as trainers
- How to create a ‘container’ that fosters community
He leaves us with a challenge and some wisdom that I know you’ll really love so make sure you listen to the end!
- Contact Jonathan: JonathanFields.com | GoodLifeProject.com | Twitter | Instagram
- Jonathan’s new book
- Sonic Yoga
More about Jonathan:
Jonathan Fields is on a quest to inspire possibility. A New York City dad, husband, entrepreneur and award-winning author, he founded mission-driven media and education venture, Good Life Project®, where he and his team lead a global community in the quest to live more meaningful, connected and vital lives, produce a top-rated podcast and video series with millions of downloads and views in more than 150 countries, and offer a growing catalog of events, trainings and courses. His new book, How to Live a Good Life: Soulful Stories, Surprising Science and Practical Wisdom, offers a gateway to a life of meaning, connection and vitality.
To celebrate the book’s release and inspire early interest, Jonathan is doing something pretty extraordinary. In addition to offering fantastic pre-order bonuses, he’s teamed with the One Tree Planted foundation to plant a 10,000 tree “Good Life Forest!” When you pre-order your copy of the book before the October 18th publication date, you’ll also be sponsoring a tree and doing good for the planet (and for you). You can get all the details at GoodLifeProject.com/book.